7 TIPS FOR KEEPIN’ THE HUSTLE

Have you ever had that moment where you want to say something, but the words literally won’t come out of your mouth? It’s like the opposite of word vomit. You feel awkward, you hesitate, and the moment has passed and you live a lifetime of regret… or at least for the next 3 minutes.

This often happens when it comes to sharing our dreams, asking for help, or telling others about our passions. Well, guess what babes! It’s time throw caution to the wind! While there is certain power and confidence that you’ll find by yelling from a mountain top!

When you tell others about your passions and dreams, it helps motivate more hustle and growth. Here are 7 tips on keepin’ the hustle and accomplishing your dreams!

1.     WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?  Figure out what you currently do and what you want to do. How are they similar? How are they different? What steps can you take, and what choices can every damn day to set yourself up for success? Every person you encounter should leave with your business card. While that may seem a bit excessive, there’s some truth in it. If you haven’t ordered business cards—do it. It makes your plans that much more legit. Some of our favorite sites are Moo or Vista Print So pull those fancy things out, come up with your elevator speech, it’s time to hit the town!

2.     WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN. In 1979 a group of Harvard Business School students were asked, "Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?" Only 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans; 13% had verbalized goals, and a freaking 84% had no set goals… at all. Ten years later, they were asked the same question. The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, 2x more than the 84% who had no goals at all.  Seems legit. The 3% who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, 10x as much as the other 97% put together. So write that shit down ladies!

3.     TELL US ALL ABOUT IT. We know sitting down for brunch with your gal pals is a blast, especially when recapping the weekends events. But do you want to know what’s even better? Talking about things that matter like goals you’re setting. You don’t need to know all the details, or tell them all your trade secrets, but verbalizing your goals to others holds you more accountable to your dreams. Keep them at the forefront of your mind, because let’s be real—no one likes to say, “oh nah, I gave up on my passions because it seemed like hard work”.

4.     ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE. When you’re spilling your guts to your most trusted advisors; close friends, mentors, or if you’re like me, that random woman at Whole Foods, ask their opinions. Getting feedback from those around you is an invaluable tool. If someone tells you your idea is shit, ask them why and how you can improve it. Ask them for advice so you can fix problems before the fully form.

5.     THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS OVERNIGHT SUCCESS. People say that overnight success is always 10 years in the making. It doesn’t just… happen. When you see people who are thriving, look at their history. It’s common that they’ve failed more than they’ve succeeded, and they have taken the lessons they’ve learned along to way, and they’ve used them as tools to get where they are today. So, wake up early, put on some lipstick, grab your hustle, and don’t let your motivation dwindle.

6.     SHIFT IN FOCUS ISN’T ALWAYS A BAD THING. Sometimes shit just doesn’t work out and that freaking sucks. Other times, you just realize that you need to shift your focus to another direction. The coolest thing about failure is that there is always something to learn from it. Actually, let’s re-frame that right here, right now. It’s not failing, it’s just another learning tool on the way to success. “Failing” isn’t something to be ashamed of, and in fact, it’s definitely something to talk about. Why? Because then others can learn from our mistakes, and we can learn from there’s.  Community over competition!

7.     REFINE AND REFORM.  Overtime, you’re going to find that your goals are the real deal. Take all the feedback you’ve received, cut away the bullshit, and go for the gold. Remember that your projects, and well… your life, is a work in progress. Never stop learning, never stop refining, never stop growing. Pretty soon, you’re going to put your goals out there to the world and BOOM shit is happening! It’s weird, a little overwhelming, but it feels so damn good.

What tips and tricks do you use to stay motivated? We’d love to hear them!

Shine on Boss Babes!

Alisha Ochoa
Founder || Creative Director

P.S. If you’re joining us for our mixer on Thursday, it’s the PERFECT spot to tell us a little bit about your goals. Let’s do this!